Too funny!! What kinds of conversations could you have with your students about this cartoon? It seems like there are many "Internet assumptions" (some incorrect ones I might add)
i agree with the assumptions; primarily that the internet is a passive activity that is merely a distraction (which really it can be that too). However, the irony here for me is that most of my work, whether it be work or school is revolving around my activity on the web! :) It would be a great discussion in a classroom as to whether or not internet use is passive or active activity, and if active, how so.
The cartoons are terrific, I have been feeling a bit over-whelmed and the cartoons have lifted my spirits and turned a frown upside down. I use the computer all the time and the Internet can be a great teaching tool, if the right websites and planning are involved. Sometimes, there is so much out there, that I spend hours going from one page to another. I always direct the students to exactly where I want them to go because if I don't they seem to waste a lot of time searching meaningless websites.
3 comments:
Too funny!! What kinds of conversations could you have with your students about this cartoon? It seems like there are many "Internet assumptions" (some incorrect ones I might add)
-KD :)
i agree with the assumptions; primarily that the internet is a passive activity that is merely a distraction (which really it can be that too). However, the irony here for me is that most of my work, whether it be work or school is revolving around my activity on the web! :) It would be a great discussion in a classroom as to whether or not internet use is passive or active activity, and if active, how so.
The cartoons are terrific, I have been feeling a bit over-whelmed and the cartoons have lifted my spirits and turned a frown upside down.
I use the computer all the time and the Internet can be a great teaching tool, if the right websites and planning are involved. Sometimes, there is so much out there, that I spend hours going from one page to another.
I always direct the students to exactly where I want them to go because if I don't they seem to waste a lot of time searching meaningless websites.
Post a Comment